BeipMU is a MU* client that provides an assortment of features beyond simple telnet.
Started in 1998, BeipMU grew thanks to user suggestions, so if something is missing
or could be improved please let us know!
Support us on Patreon -
- Github - Log issues/documentation/etc
- Discord - Chat in realtime
- Reddit: Not actively updated - https://www.reddit.com/r/BeipMU
- Or if you prefer email, use the address in the screenshot in the bottom right
Some of our fancier features:
- Flexible mapping with lots of goodies
- A stat pane, image viewer, and other crazy stuff
- A stat pane See here for more info!
- Spawn windows, paragraph formatting, and multiple input windows
- Mix & Match Fonts & Styles
- High DPI support (4K monitors, etc)
- Smooth scrolling (optional of course)
- Unicode/UTF-8 - Set the text encoding in the server properties
- SSL/TLS support - Using built in OS support
- HTML Logging - Save log file as .html and it writes it out in html format
- Triggers - With regular expression matching and tons of options
- Spawn Windows (See the 'Spawn' tab in trigger actions)
- Spell Check - Now using built in OS support starting with Windows 8
- Tab autocompletion - Helps complete long words, if done on a space it will suggest the next word
- A bunch of ANSI stuff - Type '/test ansi' to see
- Unicode emojis, sent either by the mu* or using the smiley :) to 🙂 feature (Options->Emoji)
- Network traffic debugging - Type '/rawnetwork' to open
- Inverted Brightness Mode - Same colors, opposite brightness
- Online documentation - see 'Scripting'
- The scripting engine is currently very unterutilized, it's possible to implement multiple custom windows with text or even graphics,
and to control almost every aspect of a connection. Want to check all incoming text through a regular expression, have a trigger
run a script, or even write a chat server? Good news! If you're interested in helping us get a good real world example of any of these
(or anything else you can imagine) just post to our reddit group, or email us directly and we'll help you do it.